双语句子录音
四级常用词组
1. a series of 一系列,一连串
He asked me a series of questions.
他问了我一连串的问题。
2. above all 首先,尤其是
I want a house. About all, it should be cheap.
我想要房子。尤其是要便宜的。
3. after all 毕竟,究竟
He is still a child after all.
他毕竟还只是一个孩子。
4. ahead of 在...之前
He arrived ahead of others.
他比别的人先到。
5. ahead of time 提前
You have to finish the work ahead of time.
你得提前完成工作。
6. all at once 突然,同时
All at once, I had an idea of inviting her to dinner.
突然,我想到邀请她去吃饭。
7. all but 几乎; 除了...都
All but John doesn’t like the plan.
只有约翰不喜欢这个计划。
8. all of a sudden 突然
All of a sudden, the light went out.
突然,灯灭了。
9. all over 遍及
People are watching this program all over China.
全中国的人都在看这个节目。
10. all over again 再一次,重新
Shit! I have to start all over again.
糟了!我们又得从头来过。
11. all the time 一直,始终
You have contact with her all the time, don’t you?
你跟她一直都有联系,对吗?
12. all the same 仍然,照样的
Thank you all the same.
还是要感谢你。
13. as regards 关于,至于
I don’t care as regards position and money. He is good. That’s enough.
至于钱和地位,我倒不是很在乎。他人好。这就够了。
14. anything but 根本不,绝对不
I will do anything but go there.
我绝对不会去。
15. as a matter of fact 实际上
As a matter of fact, I am still single.
实际上,我还是光棍一条。
16. apart from 除...外(有/无)
Apart from a few scratches, the car was undamaged.
除了几处刮痕外,汽车没有什么损坏。
17. as a rule通常,照例
As a rule, he helps her mother fetch water every morning.
通常,他每天早上都帮母亲挑水。
18. as a result结果
He worked hard all his life. As a result, he children discarded him when he was old.
他一生拼命干活。结果,老来还被孩子们给抛弃了。
19. as a result of 因此,由于
As a result of the terrible accident, he lost his left leg.
可怕的交通事故,最后使他失去了左腿。
20. as far as ...be concerned 就...而言
As far as my economic situation is concerned, I can’t afford to buy the car.
就我的经济情况而言,我买不起那辆车。
21. as far as 远至,到...程度
He is still single as far as I know.
据我所知,他还是单身。
22. as for 至于,关于
As for money, he has never mentioned that to me.
至于说到钱的事,他从未向我提起过。
23. as follows 如下
After competing for two rounds, the results are as follows.
经过两轮的角逐,结果如下。
24. as if 好像,仿怫
He looks as if he knew everything.
他看上去好像了解了一切似的。
25. as good as 和...几乎一样
No need to think about it. This one is as good as the others.
没必要考虑了。这个和其他的没有什么两样。
26. as usual 像平常一样,照例
As usual, he gets up early, washes his face, brushes his teeth, eats his breakfast and then goes to school.
像往常一样,他早早起床,洗脸,刷牙,吃早餐,然后上学。
27. as to 至于,关于
As to the problem of money, you’d better ask Miss Yang.
至于钱的问题,你最好还是去找一下杨小姐。
28. all right 令人满意的;可以
Everything is all right. Don’t worry.
一切都很好,别担心。
29. as well 同样,也,还
My major is English and I like Japanese as well.
我的专业是英语,我也喜欢日语。
30. as well as 除...外(也),即...又
I study English as well as Japanese.
除了日语外,我还学英语。
31. aside from 除...外(还有)
Aside from a few things, he also gave me his favorite camera.
除了几样东西以外,他还给了我他最喜爱的相机。
32. at a loss 茫然,不知所措
I’m at a loss what to do now.
我现在不知道该怎么办。
33. at a time 一次,每次
He gave me twenty dollars at a time. Nothing else.
他一次给我二十美元。别的没什么。
34. at all 丝毫(不),一点也不
I don’t like him at all.
我一点都不喜欢他。
35. at all costs 不惜一切代价
I will learn English well at all cost.
我将不惜一切代价学好英语。
36. at all events 不管怎样,无论如何
I have to find him at all events.
无论如何,我也要找到他。
37. at all times 随时,总是
He is good to me at all times.
他对我总是很好的。
38. at any rate 无论如何,至少
Please give him a hand at any rate.
无论如何请你帮帮他。
39. at best 充其量,至多
I can pay her college education at best.
我最多也就是供他上大学。
40. at first 最初,起先
At first, I thought he had a thing for me.
起初我还以为他对我有意思。
41. at first sight 乍一看,初看起来
He said he fell in love with me at first sight.
他说他对我是一见钟情。
Yeah, he said that to me, too.
是啊,他对我也是这么说的。
42. at hand 在手边,在附近
Your chance is at hand. Get ready to seize it. 你的机会就在眼前。准备抓住它。
43. at heart 内心里,本质上
Actually I don’t hate him that much at heart.
其实在内心里,我并不是那么恨他。
44. at home 在家,在国内
He can’t afford to go to school. He studies at home.
他上不起学。他在家里学习。
45. at intervals 不时,每隔...
He is busy, but he visits me at intervals.
他很忙,但他不时地还是来看我。
46. at large 大多数,未被捕获的
The killer is still at large. The police are trying to find him.
凶手还在逍遥法外。警察正在寻找他。
47. at least 至少
You could at least have called.
你至少可以打个电话呀。
48. at last 终于
I passed the Band Four English exam at last.
我终于过了四级英语考试。
49. at length 最终,终于
He promised me at length.
他最后还是答应我了。
50. at most 至多,不超过
You can take at most ten books.
你最多可以拿十本书。
51. at no time 从不,决不
You can go there at no time. It’s so dangerous.
你决不能去那里。太危险了。
52. by accident 偶然
It was in this small town that I met him by accident.
就在这个小镇上,我碰巧认识了他。
53. at one time 曾经,一度;同时
This town was at one time very prosperous.
这个小镇曾经很繁荣。
54. at present 目前,现在
At present, the once beautiful town is in ruins.
目前,曾经十分美丽的小镇成了一片废墟。
55. at sb's disposal 任...处理
Now that it is at my disposal, just take it easy.
既然由我来决定,那就好办了。
56. at the cost of 以...为代价
He saved the forest at the cost of his life.
他以生命为代价,挽救了这片森林。
57. at the mercy of 任凭...摆布
I don’t want to be at the mercy of my manager.
我不想任凭我的经理摆布。
58. at the moment 此刻,目前
At the moment, I am looking for a job with better pay.
眼下,我正在寻找一份工资较高的工作。
59. at this rate 照此速度
You’ll never finish the work at this rate.
以这样的速度,你是绝对完不成任务的。
60. at times 有时,间或
At times, he brings me flowers.
有时候,他还个我送个花什么的。
61. back and forth 来回地,反复地
He walked back and forth in the room, not knowing what to do.
他在房间里走来走去,不知道如何是好。
62. back of 在...后面
Back of the house, there is a beautiful small garden.
在房子的后面,有一个很漂亮的花园。
63. before long 不久以后
Before long, he left for the United States and never came back.
不久以后,他动身去了美国,再也没有回来过。
64. beside the point 离题的,不相干的
Your request is beside the point.
你的要求就不必再谈了。
65. beyond question 毫无疑问
He is a good guy beyond question. He is just poor.
毫无疑问他是一个好人。他就是穷了点。
66. but for 要不是;如果没有
But for my brother's help, I would not have finished.
要不是我弟弟的帮忙,我是完成不了的。
67. by air 通过航空途径
You can go there by air. But it’s quite expensive.
你可以坐飞机去那里。不过贵了点。
68. by all means 尽一切办法,务必
You must contact him by all means.
你必须想尽一切办法跟他联系上。
69. by and by 不久,迟早
By and by, he began to have more students.
不久,他的学生越来越多了。
70. by chance 偶然,碰巧
I met this John by chance, and later he became my husband.
我是碰巧认识这个约翰的,后来他成了我的丈夫。
71. by far 到目前为止
He is by far the most thoughtful man I have ever known.
到目前为止,他是我见过的最体贴的人。
72. by hand 用手,用体力
It is made by hand, so it’s pretty expensive.
它是手工做的,所以很贵了。
73. by itself 自动地,独自地
Money by itself is not a bad thing. Everyone likes it.
钱本身不是个坏东西。大家都喜欢嘛!
74. by means of 用,依靠
You can’t try to win her heart by means of cheating.
你不能以欺骗的手段去赢得她的心。
75. by mistake 错误地,无意地
I scolded him by mistake.
我错怪了他。
76. by no means 决不,并没有
By no means can you take the documents out of the office. The manager will be mad about that.
你绝不能把文件拿出办公室。经理会发疯的。
77. by oneself 单独地,独自地
He is still a bachelor. He lives by himself.
他还是单身。他一个人生活。
78. by reason of 由于
By reason of money shortage, the project has to stop.
由于缺钱,工程只好停下来了。
79. by the way 顺便说说
By the way, do you think I can be a model husband?
顺便问一句,你认为我能成为一名模范丈夫吗?
80. by virtue of 借助,由于
By virtue of help from my friends, I finished my college education smoothly.
多亏朋友们的帮忙,我顺利地上完了大学。
81. by way of 经由,通过...方法
He went to Tai Wan by way of Hong Kong.
他是通过香港去的台湾。
82. due to 由于,因为
Due to your mistake. I have to go and beg him again.
由于你的错误,我还得去求他。
83. each other 互相
To learn English well, we gotta help each other.
要学好英语,我们得互相帮忙。
84. even if/though 即使,虽然
Even if you have money, she won’t marry you. You won’t buy her with you money, will you?
即使你有钱,她也不会嫁给你的。你不会用钱去买她吧?
85. ever so 非常,极其
He is ever so cool. A lot of girls can’t go to sleep for him.
他非常地酷。多少女孩为他难以入睡。
86. every now and then 时而,偶尔
I talk to her every now and then but we never enjoy the talking.
我时而同她说说话,可我们话不投机。
87. every other 每隔一个的
I used to see her every other day.
我过去常常每隔一天去看她一次。
88. except for 除了...外
Except for a few small mistakes, your composition is pretty good.
除了几处小错误之外,你的作文挺好的。
89. face to face 面对面地
I want to talk to him face to face.
我想面对面跟他谈谈。
90. far from 远非,远离
My home is far from here.
我家里这里很远的。
91. for ever 永远
I will remember you forever.
我会永远记得你的。
92. for good 永久地
I’ll keep it for good.
我会永远留着它。
93. for the better 好转
All right, you guys. Let’s hope for the better.
好了,各位。让我们希望一切好转吧。
94. for the moment 暂时,目前
I can’t go with you for the moment.
目前我不能跟你去。
95. for the present 暂时,目前
For the present, I have to finish teaching all my lessons.
目前,我得教完所有的课程。
96. for the sake of 为了,为了...的利益
For the sake of your safety, you’d better stay away from him. He is mental.
为了你的安全起见,你最好离他远一点。他是神经病。
97. for the time being 暂时,眼下
I think I can only help you like this for the time being.
我想我暂时只能这么帮你了。
98. from time to time 有时,不时
He sat there restlessly, looking at his watch from time to time.
他不安地坐在那里,不时地看着手表。
99. hand in hand 手拉手 ,密切关联
They seem to enjoy their life, they often walk hand in hand with each other.
他们似乎过得不错,他们经常手拉手走着。
100. head on 迎面地,正面的
I met Jack head on, which I really hadn’t expected.
我迎面碰上了杰克,这个我倒确实没有想到。
101. heart and soul 全心全意地
I will work for you heart and soul until you don’t have any use of me.
我将全心全意为你工作,直到你觉得我没用了为止。
102. how about ...怎么样
How about having dinner together? We’ll talk about it over dinner.
一起吃饭怎么样?我们边吃边谈吧。
103. in a hurry 匆忙,急于
He left me in a hurry. I didn’t know what happened.
他匆忙地离开了。我不知道出什么事了。
104. in case of 假如,防备
Take some money with you in case of need.
带上一些钱吧,万一需要。
105. in a moment 立刻,一会儿
I’ll be with you in a moment.
我一会儿就来。
106. in a sense 从某种意义上说
Your friend is, in a sense, a cheater.
你的朋友,从某种意义上讲,就是一个骗子。
107. in a way 在某种程度上
He is, in a way, much better than me.
他呀,从某种程度上讲,比我好。
108. in a word 简言之,总之
In a word, you are really modest. We all think that you’re the best.
总的来说,你真得很谦虚。我们都认为你是最好的。
109. in accordance with 与...一致,按照
Everything will be done in accordance with your request.
一切都将按你的要求完成。
110. in addition 另外,加之
He will support us. In addition, he will tell his friends about our situation.
他会支持我们的。而且他也会把我们的情况告诉他的朋友们。
111. in addition to 除...之外(还)
In addition to his honesty, I think he is really hardworking.
除了他的诚实之外,我认为他很勤劳。
112. in advance 预先,事先
You should tell me in advance.
你应该事先告诉我。
113. in all 总共,合计
We have fifteen people in all.
我们一共有十五个人。
114. in any case 无论如何
You can not cheat me in any case.
无论如何你是骗不了我的。
115. in any event 无论如何
I won’t betray you in any event.
我无论如何是不会背叛你的。
116. in brief 简单地说
Just tell me in brief, do you still love me?
简短地告诉我吧,你还爱着我吗?
No. Is that simple enough?
不!这样够简单了吗?
117. in charge of 负责,总管
He is in charge of my life here.
我负责我在这里的生活。
118. in common 共用的,共有的
We have nothing in common. How can I live with him all my life?
我们没有共同语言。我怎么能跟他过一辈子呢?
119. in consequence of 因此;由于
In consequence of misunderstanding, we separated for a while.
由于误会,我们分居了一段时间。
120. in debt 欠债,欠情
He is deeply in debt. All he needs now is your money.
他债台高筑。他现在需要的是你的钱。
121. in detail 详细地
Can you tell me about him in detail?
你能给我仔细讲讲他的情况吗?
122. in difficulty 处境困难
He won’t come to me unless he is in difficulty.
他不会来找我的,除非他遇到困难。
123. in effect 实际上,事实上
In effect, he is quite generous.
事实上,他很慷慨的。
124. in general 一般来说,大体上
In general, I like her better.
总的来说,我更喜欢她一些。
125. in favor of 支持,赞成
I am in favor of your proposal. Do you need me to sign somewhere?
我支持你的提议。你需要我在什么地方签字吗?
126. in front of 面对,在...前
In front of the building, there is a water fountain.
在大楼的前面,有一个喷水池。
127. in half 成两半
Please cut the cake in half. (into halves)
请把蛋糕分成两半。
128. in hand 在进行中,待办理, 在控制之中(under control)
What can I do? I have no power in hand.
我能干什么?我没有掌握着大权。
129. in honor of 为庆祝,为纪念
I have cooked a special meal in honor of our visitors.
我做了一道特殊的菜向我们的来客表示敬意。
130. in itself 本质上,就其本身而言
The problem in itself is not a serious one.
问题从本质上看也不是什么严重的问题。
131. in line with 与...一致
What you’re doing now is not in line with your status.
你现在干的事情与你的身份不符。
132. in memory of 纪念
In memory of the war heroes, people set up a monument in this place.
为了纪念战斗英雄们,人们竖起了这块纪念碑。
133. in no case 决不
In no case can you treat her like that.
你绝不能那样对待她。
134. in no time 立即,马上
The problems will be solved in no time.
这些问题马上就能解决。
135. in no way 决不
In no way can she be treated like that.
她绝不能遭到这样的待遇。
136. in order 按顺序,按次序
Everything is in good order. She is a very nice housewife.
一切都井井有条。她是一个很好的家庭主妇。
137. in other words 换句话说
In other words, you are lucky to have her as your wife.
换句话说,你有他做妻子真是很幸福。
138. in part 部分地
You only know her in part. She is quite hot-tempered sometimes.
对她你只了解了一部分。他有时候脾气挺大的。
139. in particular 特别,尤其
She likes yelling in particular.
她特别喜欢大声喊叫。
140. in person 亲自,本人
I’ll talk to her in person.
我会亲自跟她谈谈。
141. in place 在合适的位置
Put everything in place. She is coming back.
把所有东西放好。她要回来了。
142. in place of 代替,取代,交换
From today on, you’ll work here in place of me.
从今天起,你就代替我在这里上班。
143. in practice 在实践中,实际上
He knows something about designing. In practice, he is only an amateur.
他懂一点设计。实际上,他只是一个业余爱好者。
144. in proportion to 与...成比例
You are much thinner in proportion to your height.
与你的个子相比,你太瘦了。
145. in public 公开地,当众
He likes to humiliate me in public. He is really crazy.
他喜欢当众羞辱我。真是毛病。
146. in quantity 大量
They just sell them wholesale and in quantity.
他们只是批量出售。
147. in question 正在谈论的
Your proposal is still in question. Please be patient for some more time.
你的提议正在讨论中。请耐心地再等一下。
148. in regard to 关于,至于
I have nothing to say in regard to this problem.
关于这个问题,我没有什么好说的。
149. in relation to 关于,涉及
Please don’t mention a word in relation to the house problem.
关于房子的问题,请一个字都不要提起。
150. in return 作为报答/回报/交换
Come on. Just help me this time. I’ll do something for you in return.
行了。就帮我这一次。我会报答你的。
151. in return for 作为对...报答
In return for his kindness, I invited him to a dinner in a good restaurant.
为了回报他的好意,我请他们到一家不错的餐馆吃了饭。
152. in short 简言之,总之
In short, language learning needs a lot of practice.
总之,语言学习需要大量的练习。
153. in sight 被见到;在望
He is not particular with food. He eats anything in sight.
他倒是不挑食。见什么吃什么。
154. in spite of 尽管
In spite of his own illness, he came to my house to see me.
尽管自己也在生病,他还是到我家来看我了。
155. in step 齐步,合拍
You’re not in step. Please concentrate.
你不合拍了。请集中精力。
156. in step with 与...一致/协调
We must keep in step with the times.
我们要与时代步伐保持一致
157. in tears 流着泪,在哭着
She told me in tears that she would never forget me.
她含着眼泪告诉我她永远也忘不了我。
158. in the course of 在...期间/过程中
In the course of discussion, everyone showed great interest in my teaching methods.
在讨论期间,大家对我的教学方法充满极大的兴趣。
159. in the distance 在远处
Through the window, I can see her house in the distance.
通过这个窗子,我看得见她很远处的家。
160. in the end 最后,终于
In the end, she promised to marry him.
最后,她答应嫁给他了。
161. in the event of 如果...发生,万一
I save this money in the event of need.
我攒下这些钱以备万一需要。
162. in the face of 即使;在...面前
This mosquito really has its guts, he dares to fly in the face of a good husband.
这只蚊子真是胆大妄为,他竟敢在一位模范丈夫面前飞来飞去。
163. in the first place 首先
In the first place, we must learn pronunciation well.
首先,我们必须学好语音。
164. in the future 在未来
I want to be an interpreter in the future.
我将来想当翻译。
165. in the least 丝毫,一点
I don’t like him in the least. I just flirt with him.
我一点都不喜欢他。我只是逗他调情而已。
166. in the light of 鉴于,由于
In the light of your work performance, you deserve a good reward.
根据你的工作表现,你该受到嘉奖。
167. in the way 挡道
I hope you are not in the way. It’s not your business.
我希望你不要挡道。这不关你的事。
168. in the world 究竟,到底
How in the world did they manage? I never in the world would have guessed.
他们究竟怎样办到的?我无论如何也猜不到。
169. in time 及时
Thanks for coming to rescue me in time. Otherwise you have no chance to see me again.
谢谢你们及时来救我。不然你们就没有机会再见到我了。
170. in touch联系,接触
Okay, let’s keep in touch. Bye, you guys.
好了,我们保持联系。再见了,各位。
171. in turn 依次,轮流
I was kept there for eight hours and they beat me in turn.
我被关在那里八个小时,他们轮流揍我。
172. in vain 徒劳,白费力
They questioned me and beat me, but their efforts were all in vain.
他们审问我,打我,但是他们的努力全是白费。
173. instead of 代替,而不是
Instead of becoming a millionaire, I became an English teacher popular with all my students.
没有当成百万富翁,我却变成了一位受学生欢迎的英语老师。
174. just now 眼下;刚才
Just now you told me you just came to see me. Why are you borrowing money from me now?
刚才你还告诉我说你只是来看看我的。怎么现在跟我借起钱来了?
175. little by little 逐渐地
I’ll pay you back little by little.
我会慢慢还给你的。
176. lots of 许多
You have borrowed lots of money from me. How can you pay me back?
你已经跟我借了不少钱。你怎么还啊?
Okay. In that case, let’s just forget it.
好了好了。如果这样说的话,那就算了呗。
177. many a 许多
Many a student has come to him for help, he never rejected anyone.
许多学生都来找他帮忙,他从不拒绝任何人。
178. more or less 或多或少,有点
This is all I have. I hope it can help you more or less.
我就有这么多。我虚妄或多或少能帮上你的忙。
179. next door 隔壁的,在隔壁
He lives next door. We never speak to each other.
他住在隔壁。我们相互从不说话。
180. no doubt 无疑地
No doubt he is a genius. You don’t know that?
毫无疑问,他是一个天才。你不知道?
181. no less than 不少于...;不亚于...
You are no less than a cheater.
你就是一个骗子。
182. no longer 不再
I’m no longer a millionaire. Talk to me or not, it’s up to you.
我不再是百万富翁了。跟不跟我说话,随便你。
183. no more 不再
Let’s do it no more. That’s enough.
我们别再干了吧。够了。
184. no more than 至多
I can give you no more than this much.
我最多只能给你这么多了。
185. none other than 不是别的,正是 (to express surprise)
It’s none other than Charlie! I thought you have gone to Africa.
是查理啊!我还以为你去非洲了呢!
186. on one's guard 警惕,提防
Don’t worry about me. I am always on my guard against him.
别为我担心。我随时都在提防他呢。
187. nothing but 只有,只不过
I have nothing but a few coins. Do you still want me to treat you?
我只有几个硬币了。你还要我请客吗?
188. now and then 时而,偶尔
He went to school now and then, and he became the greatest man in his time.
他上去时断时续的,可他还是成了当时最伟大的人。
189. off and on 断断续续,间歇地
I slept off and on last night.
我昨晚睡得不踏实。
190. off duty 下班
What time are you off duty?
你几点下班?
191. on a large scale大规模地
He is building houses on a large scale. It’s good to be rich.
他在大规模地盖房子呢。有钱是好诶!
192. on account of 由于
They got married on account of the baby.
他们因为孩子的缘故而结婚。
193. on the average 平均,通常
On the average, girls like to eat snacks.
一般来说,女孩子比较喜欢吃零食。
194. on behalf of 代表
On behalf of the company, I express our great gratitude for all the staff here. Thank you very much for all you have done for the company in the past few years. Have a nice evening!
我谨代表公司,向在座的各位表示万分的感谢。感谢你们几年来所作的一切. 祝大家度过一个愉快的夜晚。
195. on board 在船(车/飞机)上, 同意
Since everyone is on board, let’s do it.
既然大家都同意了,我们就干吧!
196. on business 因公
I went there on business. I had little time for shopping.
我是去那里出差。我没有时间买东西。
197. on condition that 如果
On condition that you don’t disturb me, I will buy you a bar of chocolate after work.
如果你不打搅我,我下班后给你买一块巧克力。
198. on duty 上班,值班
Okay, since you’re on duty, I won’t bother you.
好吧,既然你在上班,我就不打搅你了。
199. on earth 究竟,到底
What on earth is he trying to tell me?
他到底想跟我说什么啊?
200. on fire 起火, 着火
Your trousers are on fire. Sorry, just kidding!
你的裤子着火了。不好意思,开个玩笑!
201. on foot 步行,
I went there on foot, so I was quite exhausted when I got there.
我走路到那里去的,因此到那儿的时候我都累坏了。
202. on guard 站岗,值班
He is on guard eight hours a day.
他一天站岗八个小时。
203. on hand 在场,在手边 (available)
Sorry, I have nothing on hand recently. Perhaps later.
对不起,我目前手上什么都没有。也许以后吧。
204. on occasions 有时
On occasions, he took his wife to a disco.
偶尔,他带妻子去跳一下迪斯科。
205. on one's own 独立,独自
You have to live on your own. You’re a grownup now.
你得依靠自己生活。你现在已经是大人了。
206. on purpose 故意地
I don’t mean to hurt you on purpose.
我不是想故意伤害你。
207. on sale 出售,廉价出售
There’s a beautiful dress on sale. Do you want to buy it?
有一件漂亮的衣服在降价销售。你想买吗?
208. on schedule 按时间表,准时
We’ll do it on schedule. This is our conventional way of doing it.
我们按日程表来做吧。这是我们的一贯做法。
209. on second thoughts 经重新考虑
On second thoughts, why should I marry him? He never said that he loved me.
又一想,我会什么应该嫁给她呀?他从没说过他爱我啊?
210. on the contrary 正相反
On the contrary, he is the right guy you are looking for.
正好相反,他就是你要寻找的合适人选。
211. on the grounds of 根据,以...为由
On the grounds of the information he offered me, Sally really had a thing for my father.
根据他给我提供的情报,莎莉曾经喜欢过我老爸。
212. on the one hand 一方面
On the one hand, he had to take care of his family. On the other hand, he had to take care of his company.
一方面,他得照顾家人。另一方面,他得管理他的公司。
213. on the other hand 另一方面
On the one hand he is in love with Sally, on the other hand, he simply doesn’t want to leave this place.
一方面他爱着莎莉,另一方面,他简直就不想离开这个地方。
214. on the point of 即将...的时刻
On the point of signing the contract, his wife ran into the office and tore it into pieces.
在即将签署合同的时候,他的老婆冲进办公室,把合同撕得粉碎。
215. on the road 在旅途中
On the road, he kept himself busy by talking to any girls in sight.
一路上,他见女孩子就主动搭讪,简直忙坏了。
216. on the side 作为兼职/副 业
On the side, I sometimes sing at a club.
作为兼职,我有时候也在夜总会唱歌。
217. on the spot 在场;马上
I have told him not to play with fire, he was caught by his wife on the spot.
我已经告诉他不要玩火,他被老婆当场抓住了。
218. on the whole 总的来说,大体上
On the whole, he is a good husband.
总的来说,他是一个好丈夫。
219. on time 准时
I don’t think he will be late. He is always on time.
我想他是不会迟到的。他总是很准时。
220. once again 再一次
I want you to do it once again.
我想叫你再做一遍。
221. once and for all 一劳永逸地
Just do it once and for all. I don’t want to rebuild it ten years later.
做就一次做好吧。我不想十年后又重建。
222. once in a while 偶尔
I only see him once in a while. We are not so close, you know.
我只是偶尔见他一次。我们不是很近,你是知道的。
223. once more 再一次
You’re doing great! Once more.
你做得真棒!再来一次。
224. once upon a time 从前
Once upon a time there was an idiot.
从前,有一个白痴。
225. one another 相互
They know one another. But they never talk to one another.
他们相互认识。但是他们从不在一起说话。
226. for one reason or another 由于这样 或那样的原因
For one reason or another, I never have a chance to talk to her in person.
由于这样和那样的原因,我从来没有机会和她亲自交谈。
227. or else 否则,要不然
You must buy me a car or else go to hell.
你必须给我买辆车,否则见你的鬼去吧。
228. or so 大约,左右
He can eat ten bread rolls or so at one time.
他一次可以吃下十个左右花卷。
229. other than 除了
There's nobody here other than me.
除了我这里没别人。
230. out of 从...中;由于;缺乏
Damn it. We’re out of salt.
糟了,我们没有盐了。
231. out of breath 喘不过气来
I was out of breath when I got to the shop.
我到商店的时候,(跑得)上气不接下气。
232. out of control 失去控制
The situation here is out of control. Let’s run.
这里的情况已经失控了。咱们跑啊。
233. out of date 过时的
Throw these books away. They are out of date.
把这些书扔了吧。(它们)早已经过时了。
234. out of doors 在户外
We can do it out of doors. What do you think?
我们可以在户外进行。你说呢?
235. out of order 出故障的
The machine is out of order. Can you repair it?
机器出故障了。你会修吗?
236. out of place 不适当的
What you said is out of place. Be careful next time.
你说的话不合时宜。下次当心点。
237. out of practice 久不练习,荒疏
His English is out of practice for too long.
他的英语好久没练了。
238. out of sight 看不见,在视野外
Out of sight, out of mind.
眼不见,心不烦。
239. out of the question 毫无可能的
Stop talking about it. It’s out of the question.
别再说了。这是不可能的。
240. out of touch 不联系,不接触
I know nothing about him, we are out of touch for too long.
我对他一点都不了解。我们好久都没有联系了。
241. over and over again 一再地,再三地
I’ve told you over and over again, but you still don’t understand me.
我跟你说了多少遍了,可是你还是不明白我的意思。
242. prior to 在...之前
What did you do prior to coming here?
你来这里之前是做什么的?
243. quite a few 相当多,不少
Quite a few people know about your story, would you like to tell it again?
不少人都知道你的故事了,你还想要讲一遍吗?
244. rather than 不是...(而是)
I would rather marry a beast than marry him.
我宁肯嫁给一个畜牲也不愿意嫁给他。
245. regardless of 不顾,不惜
I will keep you regardless of your past mistakes.
不管你过去的犯了什么错误。我决定留下你。
246. right away 立即,马上
I’ll go right away.
我马上就去。
247. side by side 肩并肩,一起
We worked side by side for years. Now we are back to back.
我们并肩工作了很多年。现在我们是背靠背了。
248. so far 迄今为止
We haven’t called each other so far.
到目前为止,我们还没有通过电话。`
249. sooner or later 迟早,早晚
I’ll call her sooner or later.
我迟早会给他打电话的。
250. step by step 逐步地
I’ll know her step by step.
我会慢慢地去了解她。
251. such as 例如,诸如
I have to face a lot of problems such as house, job and exams.
我得面对许多的问题,诸如:房子,工作和考试。
252. thanks to 由于,多亏
Thanks to his absence, I won the first place.
由于他的缺席,我赢得了第一名。
253. that is to say 就是说,即
I am so busy now, that is to say, I can’t go to his party today.
我现在很忙,也就是说,我今天不能去参加他的聚会。
254. to the point 切中要害,切题
What you said was to the point.
你说得很中肯。
255. under control 处于控制之下
Don’t worry. Everything is under control.
别担心,一切都在控制之下。
256. under the circumstances这种情况下
He had to resign under the circumstances.
在这种情况下,他只好辞职了。
257. up to date 时髦的,流行的
I like wearing up-to-date clothes.
我喜欢穿时新的衣服。
258. up to 多达;直到;胜任;取决于
He has made up to one hundred friends in this city.
在这个城市里他交了多达一百位朋友。
259. what if 如果…怎么样?
What if I don’t agree?
我要同意又怎么样呢?
260. what about 怎么样
What about seeing him tonight?
今晚去找他怎么样?
261. with respect to 关于,至于
With respect to my present situation, I prefer not to say anything.
关于我目前的情况,我想我还是什么都不说的好。
262. with regard to 关于,至于
With regard to his mistakes, I can do nothing but forgive him.
关于他的错误,我只能原谅他了。
263. without question 毫无疑问
He can get this job without question.
毫无疑问,他可以得到这份工作。
264. with the exception of 除...之外
Everyone was invited with the exception of Lisa, who is now in America.
除了在美国的莉萨没有邀请到,每个人都得到了邀请。
265. word for word 逐字的
Please don’t read word for word. I have no time to wait for you.
请不要逐字逐字地念了。我没有时间等你念完。
266. without any question 毫无疑问
You’ll succeed without any question.
毫无疑问你会成功的。