Can you give me a jump start? 你能帮我发动车子吗?
Do you have any jumper cables? 你有跨接线吗?
My car's battery is dead. 我的车没电了。
My car stalled. 我的车熄火了。
My car won't start. 我的车没法发动。
Turn off the ignition. 把车熄火。
My car overheated. 我的车过热。
My car is stuck in the mud. 我的车陷在泥泞里。
We're out of gas. 我们没油了。
What's that funny noise? 那是什么声音呀?
Let's lift the hood and take a look. 把引擎盖打开,检查一下吧。
成语 Idioms
give someone a break 别再烦某人
这个词组有两个意思,一是「给某人机会」,另外也有「别再打扰某人,别使某人心烦」的意思。
You're blaming me for the bus being late? Give me a break!
你竟然把公车迟到归咎于我﹖这关我什么事啊!
Dialogue 1
Debby and Philip are driving home after having dinner at a restaurant.
黛比和菲利普在餐厅吃完晚饭后开车回家。
Philip: That meal was fantastic! Hey, what's that funny noise?
菲利普: 晚餐真棒!嘿,那是什么声音呀?
Debby: Gosh! It sounds like something is wrong with your car.
黛比: 天啊!听起来你的车子好像有问题。
Philip: That's weird. I just got it repaired.
菲利普: 那就怪了,我才刚修过车。
Debby: You know Phil, you really need to get a new car.
黛比: 菲尔,你知道嘛,你真的该换新车了。
Philip: You're right, but new cars are so expensive.
菲利普: 你说得对,可是新车好贵。
Debby: I know. I just want to get home in time for my favorite TV show.
黛比: 我知道。我只是想赶回家看我最喜欢的电视节目。
Dialogue 2
Helen's car has just broken down and it's sitting on the shoulder. Louis, a mechanic, has arrived to help.
海伦的车刚抛锚,现在停在路肩。一名叫路易的技工前来帮她修车。
Helen: Boy, am I glad to see you!
海伦: 喔,真高兴见到你!
Louis: What seems to be the problem, ma'am?
路易: 小姐,请问是什么问题呢?
Helen: Well, I was driving along and my car started to overheat.
海伦: 嗯,我正在开车,然后车子过热。
Louis: No problem. Let me lift the hood and take a look.
路易: 没问题。让我打开引擎盖检查一下。
Helen: What do you think the problem might be?
海伦: 你觉得可能是什么问题呢?
Louis: Ah! Your radiator overheated. I'll add some more water. That should solve the problem. 路易: 呃!妳的散热器过热。我会加些水。这样应该可以解决问题。
Helen: Great! I'll be back on the road in no time!
海伦: 太好了!我马上就可以上路了!
When you're good to others, you are best to yourself.